Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Music Videos

These are some of the videos I remember watching growing up. They left an impression on me and enhanced my love for music and the meanings of songs. Some are funny, artsy, or just entertaining. Others influenced an entire generation. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Alien Ant Farm - Movies
This is a very clever video portraying scenes from various movies. They came out my freshman year of college and I haven't heard of them since. Oh well.



Nada Surf - Popular
This video dates back to 1996. I was in junior high and I remember me and my best friend watching this video almost every day. I love how you can tell Nada Surf were probably a group of "loners" in high school and they wrote this song to stick it to all the superficial, materialistic people in their class. Now who's popular? (Corny)



Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice
I'm a huge fan of Christopher Walken. Here's why.



Aerosmith - Cryin'
I forgot how "romantic" and mushy this video was. And to think I watched it in 5th grade. Alicia Silverstone made her debut in Aerosmith videos. This was before Clueless. You say I'm wrong? "As if." (Gosh I'm bad at ending these).



Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
I don't know why but I absolutely love this video. I think it's the broadway feel it has to it. Yeah I'll admit...I like broadway.



Metallica - The Unforgiven
This is a very insightful video. It shows struggles throughout life, but no triumph (hence "the unforgiven"). Kinda sad.



Metallica - One
A lot of people think Metallica are just a bunch of heavy metal meatheads. Not the case at all. They are highly intelligent, and highly skilled artists who focus most of their songs on war and personal struggles.



Coldplay - The Scientist
I think this video is amazing. The whole video was shot in reverse and has a sad twist at the end.



Guns N' Roses - November Rain
Just an awesome video.



Pearl Jam - Jeremy
The video that shocked the nation. Based on true events, this video influenced schools everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home