Monday, December 11, 2006

Texans: What Might Have Been

This weekend, the worst thing that could possibly happen to the Texans...happened. And by that, I mean this is the best thing that could have possibly happened. It's the best thing because it shows how inept our front office is. An absolute phenom, comes home to show an incompetent franchise what a QB looks like. Let me start off by saying I was not a Vince supporter on draft day. I trusted in Carr, and thought he would become an outstanding quarterback once we drafted Reggie Bush. Oh wait, we didn't draft Bush EITHER?!?! The NFL is an entertainment industry, right? Why not give the customer (the fans) what they want? We wanted Vince or Reggie. The Texans organization flat out ignored every fan that knew what they were talking about, and pulled a Sam Bowie on us.

So now, after watching VY win week after week and constantly improve, and watching David Carr, a 5th year veteran, actually get worse every week, I'm thinking Vince would have been an awesome pick. I thought it would be a step backwards at first because we already used a #1 pick on a QB. All we needed was a playmaker in Bush to make Carr better. But I've come to the realization that the dude just sucks. 7 TD passes, and you have Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds.

I have grown to really respect Vince Young as a player. The way he handled himself after the game was amazing. He had no hard feelings and nothing but good things to say. He knows he's loved in Houston, and he even went as far as to compliment our team on the haunting decision they made on draft day, saying we had a "big, beautiful defensive end." VY is a class act and one heck of a playmaker.

Now I must pose the topic of his high school days. I watched him play 3 years as a high school QB at Madison. Several of my friends have actually played against him. Here's the thing: Katy High School's football is nothing but a bunch of 5'0 100 lb Rudy's. Yet they contained a backfield of Vince and Courtney Lewis to almost nothing. Vince was the playmaker in high school that he is now. Madison was 0-3 vs. my alma mater. So...is the coaching at Katy better than the Texans? Of course I'm kidding...
(sigh)

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I'm going call my kid Vince Young Bryan even if we name it something else and even if it is a girl.

I'm rocking out to my new CD at work.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

i think that would be wise. and i'm glad the CD is treating you well.

8:33 PM  
Blogger *Courtney* said...

i'm sorry...i just saw matt's post. vetoed, he will NOT call our kid vince young bryan! trust me, ryan. it won't happen. :) good try though honey. good try.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home