Thursday, March 01, 2007

Imagine That

Right when I give the Rockets praise, they make me look like a genius by losing to the 2 worst teams in the NBA. Not to mention we're about to play Denver and San Antonio, so basically we will lose 5 out of 6 since I posted the T-Mac MVP blog. I knew right when i hit "submit" the crap would hit the fan. I thought the season was over when Yao went out and they surprise the heck out of me by going 18-7 without him. Then I post T-Mac for MVP and they lose 4 out of 5 (although it's not T-Mac's fault). Good thing I'm not a local sports writer.

This is a common theme for me. I avoid drafting my favorite players in fantasy leagues because I want them to have good years. I purposely passed on Lance Berkman last year because I knew if he was on my team he would have the "Ryan Curse." The "Ryan Curse" is when the team or player I go for falls flat on their face. I hardly ever draft Astros or Rockets for my fantasy teams because of this. So I'll end this by saying the Rockets suck. Maybe now they'll start another winning streak. Anything to prove me wrong.

*By the way, I have tried this reverse "rooting-psychology" for teams I hate...it only makes them win more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

In my early NBA predictions I picked the Mavs to win their division, the West, and the finals. They then lost their first 4 games. Coincidence?

Jonathan begged me to lift the curse, so I did. They've now won 49 out of their last 54 games-including 3 double-digit win streaks and a 21 game home win streak. Coincidence?

I don't think so.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

so eerily true. i think you should pick the mavs to start winning again.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I'm waiting for the playoffs...then you'll see my plan come full circle.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home