Thursday, December 22, 2005

Congratulations to the Houston Astros

For the many of you who know me; you know I'm one of the biggest die-hard Astros fans alive. Some might think I'm too pessimistic, but that's what a die-hard fan does. You know you're passionate about a team when Albert Pujols hits a balls that's probably still on it's way up, and it makes you think life is not worth living. In hindsight, it's quite commical.

We have been season ticket holders for 12 years now, and I have probably been to over 100 games...including most home Playoff games, the Homerun Derby, the All-Star game, and Game 4 of the World Series.

I would like to take this time to congratulate my team on an amazing season. After starting 15-30, to win the Wild Card and advance to the World Series for the first time in franchise history is pretty incredible. From Roger Clemens throwing a shutout every single game (and still losing), to Bagwell's walk-off single against the Brewers, Lance Berkman's grand slam, Brad Ausmus's game-tying yak, and Chris Burke's walk-off dong in the 18th, it was an unforgettable season. I'm glad Biggio and Bagwell finally got to enjoy the World Series experience. I'm glad Clemens and Pettitte made an appearance in the World Series for their hometown. I'm glad I'm a huge fan of this great organization.

I will have several posts regarding the Astros. I just wanted to reflect on a great season and hope we can return next year. Start shopping Drayton. GO ASTROS!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I think so too.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home