Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Mt. Mutombo


Today, as my dad and I were walking up to the galleria, I noticed an unusually tall man standing in the door way. We were on our way to Neiman Marcus (or "Needless Mark-up" as my dad calls it) when we approached Mount Mutombo. My initial thought was, "That's got to be a basketball player." I was thinking it was Stromile Swift. As we neared the glass doors, it was freakin' Dikembe Mutombo! My dad walks in and says "Does anyone around here play basketball?" Mutombo just laughs and says "Yes," in a Kinishan accent. I just said "Mount Mutombo" and waived my finger at him...even though I was eye-level with his crotch. He smiled and waived his signature finger back at me. All in all, he was a class-act and very polite. He shook our hands and we went our separate ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home